CORRECTED-London's mayor says would campaign to stay in EU
LONDON (Reuters) - London Mayor Boris Johnson said on Tuesday he would campaign to keep Britain within the European Union if the country renegotiated its relationship to be based around the single market.
"I always came down in favor, narrowly, of staying," he told a Thomson Reuters Newsmaker event in London, when asked whether he would campaign for Britain to stay within the single market.
(This story corrects headline to London's, not Britain's, mayor)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade