CORRECTED-London's mayor says would campaign to stay in EU
LONDON (Reuters) - London Mayor Boris Johnson said on Tuesday he would campaign to keep Britain within the European Union if the country renegotiated its relationship to be based around the single market.
"I always came down in favor, narrowly, of staying," he told a Thomson Reuters Newsmaker event in London, when asked whether he would campaign for Britain to stay within the single market.
(This story corrects headline to London's, not Britain's, mayor)
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage