IAC/InterActiveCorp says no plan to bid for Cupid
LONDON (Reuters) - IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI.O), a U.S.-based holding company for search, dating and media websites, said on Tuesday it had no plans to bid for UK-listed online dating firm Cupid (CUP.L).
The response follows market rumors in recent weeks that it could be preparing to make a bid of around 250 million pounds ($402.4 million).
"IAC/InterActiveCorp is not considering a bid for Cupid," a spokeswoman for the U.S. firm told Reuters. ($1 = 0.6213 British pounds)
(Reporting by Simon Jessop and Atul Prakash, editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill