IAC/InterActiveCorp says no plan to bid for Cupid
LONDON (Reuters) - IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI.O), a U.S.-based holding company for search, dating and media websites, said on Tuesday it had no plans to bid for UK-listed online dating firm Cupid (CUP.L).
The response follows market rumors in recent weeks that it could be preparing to make a bid of around 250 million pounds ($402.4 million).
"IAC/InterActiveCorp is not considering a bid for Cupid," a spokeswoman for the U.S. firm told Reuters. ($1 = 0.6213 British pounds)
(Reporting by Simon Jessop and Atul Prakash, editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media