IAC/InterActiveCorp says no plan to bid for Cupid
LONDON (Reuters) - IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI.O), a U.S.-based holding company for search, dating and media websites, said on Tuesday it had no plans to bid for UK-listed online dating firm Cupid (CUP.L).
The response follows market rumors in recent weeks that it could be preparing to make a bid of around 250 million pounds ($402.4 million).
"IAC/InterActiveCorp is not considering a bid for Cupid," a spokeswoman for the U.S. firm told Reuters. ($1 = 0.6213 British pounds)
(Reporting by Simon Jessop and Atul Prakash, editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane