IAC/InterActiveCorp says no plan to bid for Cupid
LONDON (Reuters) - IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI.O), a U.S.-based holding company for search, dating and media websites, said on Tuesday it had no plans to bid for UK-listed online dating firm Cupid (CUP.L).
The response follows market rumors in recent weeks that it could be preparing to make a bid of around 250 million pounds ($402.4 million).
"IAC/InterActiveCorp is not considering a bid for Cupid," a spokeswoman for the U.S. firm told Reuters. ($1 = 0.6213 British pounds)
(Reporting by Simon Jessop and Atul Prakash, editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba expected to rise more than 30 percent in trading debut |