Allianz German unit cuts life insurance interest rate
FRANKFURT Dec 5 (Reuters) - Allianz's German unit will trim the overall interest rate it will pay to life insurance policy holders next year by 0.3 percentage points to 4.2 percent, as rock-bottom capital market interest rates continue to bite.
Other insurers have also announced rate cuts for next year, reflecting dwindling investment income from government bonds and other investments in the wake of the financial crisis. (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion