Allianz German unit cuts life insurance interest rate
FRANKFURT Dec 5 (Reuters) - Allianz's German unit will trim the overall interest rate it will pay to life insurance policy holders next year by 0.3 percentage points to 4.2 percent, as rock-bottom capital market interest rates continue to bite.
Other insurers have also announced rate cuts for next year, reflecting dwindling investment income from government bonds and other investments in the wake of the financial crisis. (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet