Allianz German unit cuts life insurance interest rate
FRANKFURT Dec 5 (Reuters) - Allianz's German unit will trim the overall interest rate it will pay to life insurance policy holders next year by 0.3 percentage points to 4.2 percent, as rock-bottom capital market interest rates continue to bite.
Other insurers have also announced rate cuts for next year, reflecting dwindling investment income from government bonds and other investments in the wake of the financial crisis. (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media