Sumitomo Mitsui raises stake in Bank of East Asia for $426 mln
HONG KONG Dec 5 (Reuters) - Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group's core banking unit will pay HK$3.3 billion ($426 million) to lift its stake in the Bank of East Asia Ltd , a move that will help the Hong Kong-listed bank fund expansion plans.
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp will raise its stake to 9.50 percent from 4.73 percent, by buying 111.57 million new shares at HK$29.59 per share, Bank of East Asia said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse.
The issue price represented a 0.37 percent discount to the stock's previous close. ($1 = 7.7500 Hong Kong dollars) (Reporting by Donny Kwok; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials