Doping-Four Athens Olympic athletes lose medals over doping - IOC
LAUSANNE Switzerland Dec 5 (Reuters) - Four 2004 Athens Olympic medallists, including Ukraine's shot put gold medallist Yuriy Bilonog, have been stripped of their medals after re-tested samples from eight years ago were positive, the IOC said on Wednesday.
The other athletes are women's shot putter Svetlana Krivelyova of Russia, discus thrower Irina Yatchenko of Belarus and Belarussian hammer thrower Ivan Tsikhan who lost his silver medal. (Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel