- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Mursi should protect Egyptian protesters -ElBaradei
CAIRO Dec 5 (Reuters) - Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi should protect protesters gathered outside his presidential palace if he wants to keep "what remains of his legitimacy", opposition leader Mohammed ElBaradei said on Wednesday.
In response to scuffles that broke out between Mursi's supporters and rivals outside the palace in Cairo, ElBaradei wrote on Twitter that Mursi should "bear reponsibility to protect peaceful demonstrations wherever they are if he wants to preserve what remains of his legitimacy."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this