Philips plans to appeal EU fine for competition violation
AMSTERDAM Dec 5 (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it planned to appeal a European Commission fine for violating competition rules in the cathode-ray tubes industry.
Philips, LG Electronics, Samsung SDI and three other firms were fined a record 1.47 billion euros ($1.92 billion) by EU antitrust regulators for fixing prices of cathode-ray tubes in two cartels lasting nearly a decade.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data