Philips plans to appeal EU fine for competition violation
AMSTERDAM Dec 5 (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it planned to appeal a European Commission fine for violating competition rules in the cathode-ray tubes industry.
Philips, LG Electronics, Samsung SDI and three other firms were fined a record 1.47 billion euros ($1.92 billion) by EU antitrust regulators for fixing prices of cathode-ray tubes in two cartels lasting nearly a decade.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect