Philips says to take provision for EU fine in Q4
AMSTERDAM Dec 5 (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it will take a provision of 509 million euros ($666 million) in the fourth quarter to cover an EU fine for cartel practices in its television business.
The Dutch company is contesting a decision by the EU's competition authority. ($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Sara Webb)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |