Philips says to take provision for EU fine in Q4
AMSTERDAM Dec 5 (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it will take a provision of 509 million euros ($666 million) in the fourth quarter to cover an EU fine for cartel practices in its television business.
The Dutch company is contesting a decision by the EU's competition authority. ($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Sara Webb)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |