Philips says to take provision for EU fine in Q4
AMSTERDAM Dec 5 (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it will take a provision of 509 million euros ($666 million) in the fourth quarter to cover an EU fine for cartel practices in its television business.
The Dutch company is contesting a decision by the EU's competition authority. ($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Sara Webb)
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |