Top Freeport-McMoRan shareholder slams oil and gas deal
Dec 5 (Reuters) - One of the largest shareholders in Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold slammed the company's $9 billion deal to acquire McMoRan Exploration and Plains Exploration & Production, saying Freeport management had broken shareholder trust.
"I haven't heard anything on this call that in any way justifies why these companies should be put together," said Evy Hambro, a managing director at BlackRock, on a conference call to discuss the deal.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |