Top Freeport-McMoRan shareholder slams oil and gas deal
Dec 5 (Reuters) - One of the largest shareholders in Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold slammed the company's $9 billion deal to acquire McMoRan Exploration and Plains Exploration & Production, saying Freeport management had broken shareholder trust.
"I haven't heard anything on this call that in any way justifies why these companies should be put together," said Evy Hambro, a managing director at BlackRock, on a conference call to discuss the deal.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea