Freeport-McMoRan says opinion on copper unchanged
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is not diminishing its outlook on copper "in any fashion" despite a blockbuster $9 billion deal to acquire oil and gas assets, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Wednesday.
Adkerson, on a conference call with analysts, said the company's goal is to diversify while retaining a strong position in mining.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of Texas murder read
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Apple iPhone a danger to China national security: state media