Freeport-McMoRan says opinion on copper unchanged
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is not diminishing its outlook on copper "in any fashion" despite a blockbuster $9 billion deal to acquire oil and gas assets, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Wednesday.
Adkerson, on a conference call with analysts, said the company's goal is to diversify while retaining a strong position in mining.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command