Freeport-McMoRan says opinion on copper unchanged
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is not diminishing its outlook on copper "in any fashion" despite a blockbuster $9 billion deal to acquire oil and gas assets, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Wednesday.
Adkerson, on a conference call with analysts, said the company's goal is to diversify while retaining a strong position in mining.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM