Freeport-McMoRan says opinion on copper unchanged
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is not diminishing its outlook on copper "in any fashion" despite a blockbuster $9 billion deal to acquire oil and gas assets, Chief Executive Richard Adkerson said on Wednesday.
Adkerson, on a conference call with analysts, said the company's goal is to diversify while retaining a strong position in mining.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic