German stocks - Factors to watch on December 5
FRANKFURT Dec 5 (Reuters) - The DAX top-30 index looked set to open 0.7 percent lower on Wednesday, according to premarket data from brokerage Lang & Schwarz at 0705 GMT.
The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks:
ALLIANZ, MUNICH RE, HANNOVER RE
Allianz indcated 0.7 percent higher
Munich Re indicated 0.4 percent higher
Hannover Re indicated 0.3 percent higher
The owners of German public sector insurer Provinzial Nordwest will decide very soon if and how the unit will be put up for sale, one of the owners, the Westfalen-Lippe savings bank association said on Tuesday.
SKY DEUTSCHLAND - Nomura has raised the stock to "buy" from "neutral".
OVERSEAS STOCK MARKETS
Dow Jones -0.1 pct, S&P 500 -0.2 pct, Nasdaq -0.2 at Tuesday's close.
Nikkei +0.4 pct at Wednesday's close.
Markit's final estimate of German Services PMI is expected at 0853 GMT. According to a Reuters poll of 30 economists, the initial flash reading of 48.0 is expected to be confirmed.
EUROPEAN FACTORS TO WATCH
REUTERS TOP NEWS (Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner and Harro ten Wolde)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data