Laurentian Bank profit up 71 pct
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Laurentian Bank of Canada's fourth-quarter profit rose 71 percent on loan growth and it raised its quarterly dividend.
Laurentian, Canada's eighth-largest bank by market capitalization, reported profit of C$45.7 million, or C$1.51 per share, compared with C$26.7 million, or 99 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose 15 percent to C$210.4 million
Montreal-based Laurentian increased its quarterly dividend by 2 Canadian cents to 49 Canadian cents per share.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter