LME gets UK court approval for HKEx takeover
LONDON Dec 5 (Reuters) - The London Metal Exchange (LME) said on Wednesday Britain's High Court had approved its $2.2 billion takeover by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing.
The LME said in a statement the transaction was expected to become effective on Thursday. (Reporting by Eric Onstad; Editing by Alison Birrane)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter