Euro rises to 1-1/2 month high versus dollar
LONDON Dec 5 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a 1-1/2 month high against the U.S dollar on Wednesday, extending recent gains as worries over Greece and Spain subsided and investors cut previous short positions against the single currency.
The euro hit $1.3127, its highest level since Oct. 18, according to trading platform EBS. Traders cited an options barrier at $1.3150 with Asian central banks also seen buying the euro in recent sessions.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details