- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Euro rises to 1-1/2 month high versus dollar
LONDON Dec 5 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a 1-1/2 month high against the U.S dollar on Wednesday, extending recent gains as worries over Greece and Spain subsided and investors cut previous short positions against the single currency.
The euro hit $1.3127, its highest level since Oct. 18, according to trading platform EBS. Traders cited an options barrier at $1.3150 with Asian central banks also seen buying the euro in recent sessions.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this