Dollar extends gains vs yen after U.S. data
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - The dollar gained versus the yen on Wednesday after data showed the pace of growth in the U.S. services sector increased more than expected in November.
The dollar rose as high as 82.19 yen after the data, compared with 82.09 earlier. It was last at 82.16 yen, up 0.3 percent on the day.
Separate data showed new orders received by U.S. factories unexpectedly rose in October.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel