Nikkei falls as sentiment sours on U.S. budget concerns
TOKYO, Dec 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended the previous session's losses on Wednesday as investor sentiment soured after Wall Street eased on concerns over the U.S. budget tangle. The Nikkei dropped 0.5 percent to 9,385.83, and the broader Topix index was also 0.5 percent lower at 778.21.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds