US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow up 1 pct as blue chips lead Wall St's rebound
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - U.S stocks mostly climbed in a choppy session on Wednesday, with the Dow industrials up 1 percent, led by gains in Caterpillar and The Travelers, while weakness in the technology sector was muted by strength in financials.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 130.72 points, or 1.01 percent, to 13,082.50. The S&P 500 gained 8.05 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,415.10. But the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.03 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,990.66.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule