US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow up 1 pct as blue chips lead Wall St's rebound
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - U.S stocks mostly climbed in a choppy session on Wednesday, with the Dow industrials up 1 percent, led by gains in Caterpillar and The Travelers, while weakness in the technology sector was muted by strength in financials.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 130.72 points, or 1.01 percent, to 13,082.50. The S&P 500 gained 8.05 points, or 0.57 percent, to 1,415.10. But the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.03 points, or 0.20 percent, to 2,990.66.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies