- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St flat, Freeport offsets China comments
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened little changed on Wednesday as a 15-percent drop in shares of Freeport-McMoRan following acquisition announcements offset optimism about a global economic recovery spurred by comments from China's new leader.
The Dow Jones industrial average added 16.20 points, or 0.13 percent, to 12,967.98. The S&P 500 edged up 0.50 points, or 0.04 percent, to 1,407.55. The Nasdaq Composite dipped 3.95 points, or 0.13 percent, to 2,992.73.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this