Petrobras reports 'important' new find in Sergipe-Alagoas basin
SAO PAULO Dec 5 (Reuters) - Brazilian government-led oil company Petrobras said on Wednesday that it had made an "important" new hydrocarbon discovery in the Sergipe-Alagoas basin off the country's northeast coast.
The ultra-deep water discovery is Petrobras' fourth such find this year in the basin. The company did not give an estimate of the reserve's production potential but did say that pressure tests of the reservoir indicate that it contains light oil.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'