Sberbank 9-month net profit up 3 pct, beats forecast
MOSCOW Dec 5 (Reuters) - Sberbank, Russia's top lender, posted 262.8 billion roubles ($8.52 billion) in nine month net profit, up 3 percent on the same period last year and beating analysts' expectations.
A Reuters poll of analysts expected the lender to post 259.1 billion roubles in nine months net profit.
The bank added that it set aside 10.6 billion roubles in nine months loan loss provisions versus a provisions recovery for the same period last year. Its Tier 1 capital adequacy ratio stood at 10.2 percent by Sept 30. ($1 = 30.8495 Russian roubles) (Reporting by Katya Golubkova; editing by Megan Davies)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea