Rwanda finance minister says aid cuts may dent economic growth
KIGALI Dec 5 (Reuters) - Rwanda may have to cut its 2013 economic growth forecast if $240 million in international aid remains delayed or suspended, its finance minister said on Wednesday.
"If all the $240 million was withheld ... we might revise that projection down from 7.6 percent to 6 percent growth," Finance Minister John Rwangombwa told a conference in Kigali.
Major donors have withheld aid to the east African country over allegations it is supporting rebels in neighbouring eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |