S.Africa awards major train deal to France's Alstom
JOHANNESBURG Dec 5 (Reuters) - South Africa's rail agency on Wednesday awarded a multi-billion dollar contract to France's Alstom SA to supply passenger trains in a ten-year deal.
Seven firms had bid for the contract, including Canada's Bombadier, Spain's CAF, Switzerland's Stadler Rail, China North Rail and China South Rail .
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |