S.Africa awards major train deal to France's Alstom
JOHANNESBURG Dec 5 (Reuters) - South Africa's rail agency on Wednesday awarded a multi-billion dollar contract to France's Alstom SA to supply passenger trains in a ten-year deal.
Seven firms had bid for the contract, including Canada's Bombadier, Spain's CAF, Switzerland's Stadler Rail, China North Rail and China South Rail .
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |