Starbucks CEO says in talks on UK tax payment
Dec 5 (Reuters) - Starbucks Corp Chief Executive Howard Schultz on Wednesday said the coffee chain is in talks about paying income taxes in the UK, despite the fact the company has not made a profit in that market for many years.
"We are engaged in discussions to make a contribution - despite the fact that we have not made a profit - that would legally put us in a position to pay income taxes," Schultz said in an interview.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen