Citigroup says plans sale of Turkish retail banking business
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Citigroup is evaluating options for the sale of its retail banking business in Turkey and will focus on corporate and commercial banking in the country going forward, its Turkish unit said on Wednesday.
"As part of its global strategy ... Citi has started to evaluate options for the sale of its retail banking operations in Turkey," Citigroup Turkey said in a statement.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation