Dutch coastguard: cargo ship "almost certainly sunk" after collision
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The Dutch coastguard said the car carrier Baltic Ace "almost certainly has sunk" following a collision with a container ship in the North Sea on Wednesday evening.
The search and rescue of 24 crew from the Baltic Ace was under way, the coastguard added, saying that members of the crew were found on four life rafts.
Coastguard spokesman Peter Verburg said helicopters were pulling crew members out of four life rafts found near the scene of the collision. It was unclear if anyone was missing, he said.
(Reporting by Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Sara Webb and Michael Roddyh)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |