Philips plans to appeal EU fine for competition violation
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Philips Electronics said on Wednesday it planned to appeal a European Commission fine for violating competition rules in the cathode-ray tubes industry.
Philips, LG Electronics, Samsung SDI and three other firms were fined a record 1.47 billion euros ($1.92 billion) by EU antitrust regulators for fixing prices of cathode-ray tubes in two cartels lasting nearly a decade.
(Reporting by Gilbert Kreijger; Editing by Sara Webb)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow