- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Nikkei rises to seven-month closing high on China, weak yen
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average hit a seven-month closing high on Wednesday, buoyed by sharp gains in Chinese equities after comments by Communist Party chief raised hopes of economic recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
The Nikkei .N225 ended 0.4 percent higher at 9,468.84 points in a choppy session, after trading in a range of 9,376.97 to 9,515.86.
The broader Topix .TOPX index was flat at 781.86.
(Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this