Rwanda finance minister says aid cuts may dent economic growth
KIGALI (Reuters) - Rwanda may have to cut its 2013 economic growth forecast if $240 million in international aid remains delayed or suspended, its finance minister said on Wednesday.
"If all the $240 million was withheld ... we might revise that projection down from 7.6 percent to 6 percent growth," Finance Minister John Rwangombwa told a conference in Kigali.
Major donors have withheld aid to the east African country over allegations it is supporting rebels in neighboring eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data