CORRECTED-Valiant says in talks with BKB about possible merger
(Corrects RIC for Berner Kantonalbank to from )
ZURICH Dec 5 (Reuters) - Swiss regional bank Valiant said on Wednesday it is in talks with Berner Kantonalbank about a possible merger.
Valiant confirmed the talks in a brief statement after the Inside Paradeplatz financial news website reported that Valiant had offered itself for sale to Berner Kantonalbank for 124 francs per share or almost 2 billion Swiss francs ($2.16 billion).
Valiant said it would not comment further beyond confirming the talks about a possible merger. Its shares were up 5.6 percent at 99.70 francs at 1109 GMT. ($1 = 0.9261 Swiss francs) (Reporting by Emma Thomasson; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane flown deliberately toward Andamans - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport