CORRECTED-Valiant says in talks with BKB about possible merger
(Corrects RIC for Berner Kantonalbank to from )
ZURICH Dec 5 (Reuters) - Swiss regional bank Valiant said on Wednesday it is in talks with Berner Kantonalbank about a possible merger.
Valiant confirmed the talks in a brief statement after the Inside Paradeplatz financial news website reported that Valiant had offered itself for sale to Berner Kantonalbank for 124 francs per share or almost 2 billion Swiss francs ($2.16 billion).
Valiant said it would not comment further beyond confirming the talks about a possible merger. Its shares were up 5.6 percent at 99.70 francs at 1109 GMT. ($1 = 0.9261 Swiss francs) (Reporting by Emma Thomasson; Editing by Anthony Barker)
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study