S.Africa's Absa to buy Barclays' African operations
JOHANNESBURG Dec 6 (Reuters) - South African bank Absa Group said on Thursday it will buy Barclays African operations for 18.3 billion rand ($2.08 billion).
The company said Barclays' stake in Absa Group will increase to 62.3 percent from 55.5 percent as a result of the deal.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement