S.Africa's Absa to buy Barclays' African operations
JOHANNESBURG Dec 6 (Reuters) - South African bank Absa Group said on Thursday it will buy Barclays African operations for 18.3 billion rand ($2.08 billion).
The company said Barclays' stake in Absa Group will increase to 62.3 percent from 55.5 percent as a result of the deal.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor