S.Africa's Absa to buy Barclays' African operations
JOHANNESBURG Dec 6 (Reuters) - South African bank Absa Group said on Thursday it will buy Barclays African operations for 18.3 billion rand ($2.08 billion).
The company said Barclays' stake in Absa Group will increase to 62.3 percent from 55.5 percent as a result of the deal.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols