S.Africa's Absa to buy Barclays' African operations
JOHANNESBURG Dec 6 (Reuters) - South African bank Absa Group said on Thursday it will buy Barclays African operations for 18.3 billion rand ($2.08 billion).
The company said Barclays' stake in Absa Group will increase to 62.3 percent from 55.5 percent as a result of the deal.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details