Cagamas issuance grows 76 pct to reach 5 bln ringgit in 2012
KUALA LUMPUR Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cagamas Bhd, Malaysia's second-largest issuer of debt securities, saw total issuance grow 76 percent to 5 billion Malaysian ringgit ($1.64 billion) this year.
The company met its expected total issuance this year after the recent sale of a 1.45 billion Islamic bond, the company said in a statement on Thursday.
Cagamas, which provides liquidity to primary lenders of housing loans in order to promote home ownership, is Malaysia's largest issuer of AAA-rated debt securities. ($1 = 3.0413 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand