Cagamas issuance grows 76 pct to reach 5 bln ringgit in 2012
KUALA LUMPUR Dec 6 (Reuters) - Cagamas Bhd, Malaysia's second-largest issuer of debt securities, saw total issuance grow 76 percent to 5 billion Malaysian ringgit ($1.64 billion) this year.
The company met its expected total issuance this year after the recent sale of a 1.45 billion Islamic bond, the company said in a statement on Thursday.
Cagamas, which provides liquidity to primary lenders of housing loans in order to promote home ownership, is Malaysia's largest issuer of AAA-rated debt securities. ($1 = 3.0413 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Editing by Kim Coghill)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work