CIBC profit rises on markets-related income
TORONTO Dec 6 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 13 percent increase in quarterly earnings as stronger wholesale banking results offset a slump on consumer and business lending income.
CIBC, Canada's fifth-largest bank, said on Thursday that it had earned C$852 million ($858.05 million), or C$2.02 a share, in the fourth quarter ended on Oct. 31, compared with C$757 million, or C$1.79 a share, a year earlier.
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |