CIBC profit rises on markets-related income
TORONTO Dec 6 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 13 percent increase in quarterly earnings as stronger wholesale banking results offset a slump on consumer and business lending income.
CIBC, Canada's fifth-largest bank, said on Thursday that it had earned C$852 million ($858.05 million), or C$2.02 a share, in the fourth quarter ended on Oct. 31, compared with C$757 million, or C$1.79 a share, a year earlier.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM