CIBC profit rises on markets-related income
TORONTO Dec 6 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 13 percent increase in quarterly earnings as stronger wholesale banking results offset a slump on consumer and business lending income.
CIBC, Canada's fifth-largest bank, said on Thursday that it had earned C$852 million ($858.05 million), or C$2.02 a share, in the fourth quarter ended on Oct. 31, compared with C$757 million, or C$1.79 a share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter