Comtech profit falls, cuts full-year forecast
Dec 6 (Reuters) - Communications equipment maker Comtech Telecommunications Corp reported a drop in quarterly profit and lowered its full-year forecast citing uncertainty among its customers due to the impending "fiscal cliff".
Shares of the company were down 11.5 percent after the bell. They closed at $25.80 on the Nasdaq on Thursday.
Comtech Telecommunications said it now expects full-year earnings of between $1.26 and $1.34 per share on revenue of between $350 million and $365 million.
It had previously forecast earnings of between $1.40 and $1.50 per share on revenue of between $375 million and $395 million.
First-quarter net income fell to $7.4 million, or 36 cents per share, from $12.6 million, or 47 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales fell almost 20 percent to $91 million on lower sales in its mobile data communications business.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion