- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Egypt must protect peaceful protesters - Pillay
GENEVA Dec 6 (Reuters) - Egypt's government must protect peaceful protesters and prosecute anyone inciting violence, including government members, U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Navi Pillay said on Thursday.
"People have the right to protest peacefully and they have the right not to be killed or injured for doing so. The current government came to power on the back of similar protests and so should be particularly sensitive to the need to protect protesters' rights to freedom of expression and peaceful assembly," Pillay said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this