Tanks deploy outside Egypt presidential palace
CAIRO Dec 6 (Reuters) - At least three tanks deployed outside the Egyptian presidential palace on Thursday in a street where supporters and opponents of President Mohamed Mursi had been clashing into the early hours of the morning, a Reuters witness said.
At least two armoured troop carriers were also seen in the area outside the palace. The violence that had stretched from Wednesday afternoon into the early hours of Thursday had abated and streets were calm.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message