French ILO jobless rate rises to 10.3 pct in third quarter
PARIS Dec 6 (Reuters) - France's unemployment rate rose to 10.3 percent in the third quarter of 2012, its highest since the third quarter of 1999, data published by national statistics office INSEE showed on Thursday.
The rise was from a rate of 10.2 percent in the second quarter of 2012.
The jobless figure, based on the measurement criteria of the International Labour Organisation (ILO), showed the scale of the challenge President Francois Hollande faces as he seeks to make good on a goal of reversing the upward trend by the end of 2013.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest