Greece's jobless rate hits new record in Sept, at 26 pct
ATHENS Dec 6 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate climbed to a new record of 26 percent in September from a revised 25.3 percent in August, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The slump in the Greece's austerity-hit economy, now in its fifth year of recession, has taken its toll on the labour market, putting Greek unemployment at more than double the euro zone average of 11.6 percent in September.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image