Greece's jobless rate hits new record in Sept, at 26 pct
ATHENS Dec 6 (Reuters) - Greece's unemployment rate climbed to a new record of 26 percent in September from a revised 25.3 percent in August, the country's statistics agency ELSTAT said on Thursday.
The slump in the Greece's austerity-hit economy, now in its fifth year of recession, has taken its toll on the labour market, putting Greek unemployment at more than double the euro zone average of 11.6 percent in September.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |