Fed buys $4.618 bln of longer-dated Treasuries
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Thursday bought on the open market $4.618 billion of U.S. Treasuries maturing January 2019 through November 2020, the New York Fed said on its website.
Dealers submitted a total of $13.076 billion of Treasuries for purchase, the New York Fed said.
The purchase was part of the Fed's "Operation Twist" stimulus program, which extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl