Fed buys $4.618 bln of longer-dated Treasuries
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve on Thursday bought on the open market $4.618 billion of U.S. Treasuries maturing January 2019 through November 2020, the New York Fed said on its website.
Dealers submitted a total of $13.076 billion of Treasuries for purchase, the New York Fed said.
The purchase was part of the Fed's "Operation Twist" stimulus program, which extends the maturity of the central bank's Treasuries holdings in a bid to lower mortgage rates and other long-term borrowing costs.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba shares surge 46 percent in their debut |