Euro extends losses versus dollar, yen after ECB
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - The euro dropped further against the dollar and yen on Thursday after comments from European Central Bank President Mario Draghi and a downgrade to the region's growth and inflation forecasts boosted expectations of an interest rate cut.
The euro fell as low as $1.2963 on Reuters data, the weakest since Nov. 29. It was last at $1.2966, down 0.8 percent on the day.
Against the yen, the euro lost 1 percent to 106.68 , having hit as low as 106.58 yen.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters