Euro extends losses versus dollar, falls below $1.30
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - The euro extended its declines against the dollar to trade below $1.30 on Thursday after comments from European Central Bank President Mario Draghi stoked expectations of an interest rate cut.
The euro fell as low as $1.2987 on Reuters data, with losses accelerating after a break below $1.30. It was last at $1.2992, down 0.6 percent on the day.
Against the yen, the euro slid to 107.03 yen, down 0.7 percent on the day.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales