Euro extends losses versus dollar, falls below $1.30
NEW YORK Dec 6 (Reuters) - The euro extended its declines against the dollar to trade below $1.30 on Thursday after comments from European Central Bank President Mario Draghi stoked expectations of an interest rate cut.
The euro fell as low as $1.2987 on Reuters data, with losses accelerating after a break below $1.30. It was last at $1.2992, down 0.6 percent on the day.
Against the yen, the euro slid to 107.03 yen, down 0.7 percent on the day.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote