Nikkei scales 7-month high on softer yen
TOKYO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average climbed to a seven-month high in early trade on Thursday, buoyed by a weaker yen on persistent speculation the central bank will adopt bolder action. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent to 9,539.74, while the broader Topix advanced 1 percent to 789.22.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand