Nikkei scales 7-month high on softer yen
TOKYO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average climbed to a seven-month high in early trade on Thursday, buoyed by a weaker yen on persistent speculation the central bank will adopt bolder action. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent to 9,539.74, while the broader Topix advanced 1 percent to 789.22.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |