Nikkei scales 7-month high on softer yen
TOKYO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average climbed to a seven-month high in early trade on Thursday, buoyed by a weaker yen on persistent speculation the central bank will adopt bolder action. The Nikkei rose 0.8 percent to 9,539.74, while the broader Topix advanced 1 percent to 789.22.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media