CORRECTED-Plains' Flores to be paid no less than Freeport's top brass
(Changes word in paragraph 3 to "deal" from "filing")
Dec 6 (Reuters) - Plains Exploration & Production Co Chief Executive James Flores will be paid no less in his new role as head of Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Co's oil and gas business than the salary of current Chief Executive Richard Adkerson or Chairman Jim Bob Moffett, according to a filing.
Freeport announced a deal on Wednesday to buy Plains as well as another oil and gas company, McMoRan Exploration Co, for $9 billion in a bold bid to diversify into the U.S. energy sector as copper's prospects wane. [ID: nL1E8N52E3]
Flores has also agreed to take Freeport stock in exchange for his Plains restricted stock units that accelerate as a result of the de al. That payout of stock is currently worth more than $130 million. (Reporting By Michael Erman; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'