Smithfield quarterly revenue falls
Dec 6 (Reuters) - Largest U.S. pork and hog producer Smithfield Foods Inc's quarterly revenue fell, hurt by lower meat and live hog prices.
The company's second-quarter net income fell to $10.9 million, or 7 cents per share, from $120.7 million, or 74 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 61 cents per share.
Revenue fell nearly 3 percent to $3.23 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement